I’m happy and a little surprised to confirm that I still get very excited for my yearly countdown to Halloween. That’s when I turn this blog to a place for all things mildly spooky and supernatural.
And I’ve got something special planned for you this year. I’ve actually come up with something of a theme. All Hallows’ Valentine! We are going to celebrate the season of monsters and ghouls, with love!
Mind you, I always celebrate Halloween with love. because I happen to love Halloween. But this year, I’m taking it one step further. I will be bringing you tales of terrifying undead and bloodthirsty creatures with a heart of gold and really well-preserved bodies as well. Who wouldn’t fall for these delightful vixens?
I did and I hope you will as well.
And if that’s not enough for you, I will also be sharing a bunch of brand new Halloween theme essays that are loosely tied in with anime as well. I tend t take the countdown as an excuse to just research things I’m interested in. With a little luck, you might be interested in them as well!
I’ve been doing the countdown for a few years now and I am starting to have an almost respectable mini archive of Halloween posts. Here are the ones from past years if you ae interested.
Countdown to Halloween 2021
- Godzilla Singular Point – The Modern Kaiju
- Kuro – Webtoon Recommendation
- Tokyo Ghoul – You Can Never Go Home Again
- Burn the Witch – Countdown to Halloween
- Even Campfire Stories Are Scarier in Japan
- Top 5 Cheap and Easy Anime Halloween Costumes 2021
- Dai Dark – Manga First Impression
- Akame ga Kill – Guys! I Dropped an Anime!
- In Case You wanted to Dress as a Sexy Catgirl/boy : Do Cat Ears Really Make You Cuter?
- GARO -VANISHING LINE- How Can Show be Both Too Long and Too Short?
- Top 5 Anime Vampires
- Versailles of the Dead – Manga First Impression (bonus Halloween manga)
Countdown to Halloween 2020
- The Hallotober Tag
- Magical Girl Site – A Storm in a Teacup (Countdown to Halloween)
- Top 5 Anime Yokai
- Stand Still, Stay Silent – webcomic recommendation (Countdown to Halloween)
- Even Urban Legends are Scarier in Japan 2! (Countdown to Halloween)
- Ghost Hound – Lost in the Unseen (Countdown to Halloween)
- Higurashi, When They Cry Kai – Tying Up Loose Ends (Countdown to Halloween)
- Top 5 Animes to Watch This Halloween if You Are A Scaredy Cat
- Sweet Home – webtoon recommendation (Countdown to Halloween)
- Halloween Candy in Japan
- JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure – Birth of a Saga (Countdown to Halloween)
- Demon Slayer’s Wisteria Hysteria (Countdown to Halloween)
- Top 15 Avatar Cosplay (Countdown to Halloween)
- If Horror Movies Reflect Societal Anxieties What do Horror Anime Say About What Otakus are Afraid of?
Countdown to Halloween 2019
- Halloween in Japan (Countdown to Halloween)
- Demon Slayer : Kimetsu no Yaiba – Full Series Review (Countdown to Halloween)
- Blood Blockade Battlefront s1 – Beyond Black and White (Countdown to Halloween)
- Horror and Anime (Countdown to Halloween)
- 5 More Cheap and Easy Halloween Costumes (Countdown to Halloween)
- Happy Sugar Life – A Deconstructions of Love (Countdown to Halloween)
- Even Monsters are Scarier in Japan
- Halloween Watchlist (Countdown to Halloween)
Countdown to Halloween 2018:
- Shin Sekai Yori – The Lessons of the Bonobos (Countdown to Halloween)
- Parasyte – Aren’t Humans The Worst? (Countdown to Halloween)
- The Terror of Responsibility (Natsume week)
- 5 Last Minute Cheap and Easy Anime Halloween Costumes
- Anime Fridge Horror (Countdown to Halloween)
- Black Butlers and Red Madams (Countdown to Halloween)
- The Mystic Archives of Dantalian (Countdown to Halloween)
- Even Creepypastas Are Scarier in Japan
Countdown to Halloween 2017:
- Berserk – When Dreams Go Bad – OWLS Blog Tour
- Shiki – Countdown to Halloween
- Bloody October Post
- Hellsing – Countdown to Halloween
- The Flowers of Evil – Countdown to Halloween
- Mononoke – Countdown to Halloween
- Even Urban Legends are Scarier in Japan
This doesn’t have anything to do with the blog but I need to share it with someone. I put together a really adorable Anya Forger costume this year. I’m actually a little proud of myself and I wish I could still go trick or treating to show it off. Unfortunately, I’m not sure anyone will recognize the character at work but I’m still wearing it to the office.