Countdown to Halloween

This is my fourth year writing a Countdown to Halloween post. Does it officially count as a tradition now? I say yay! And we got to celebrate and honour traditions, don’t we!!!

Now I know that horror is probably the least popular anime genre out there. It’s the one that has the least amount of shows and also it’s the genre I see my fellow bloggers most frequently state as their least favourite genre. But for the spooky creepy season, I hope I can encourage you all to give it a chance. Snuggle up with someone or something you love and appreciate the scares, sweets and costumes of the season!

it’s important to choose a costume you can move in!

For those of you who are not familiar with my Countdowns to Halloween, every year, in the days leading up to the big event, I try to set the mood by posting thematically appropriate articles. The start date changes every time though. U like to keep folks on their toes. This year, it starts Today… well tomorrow. Today you only get this post. Sorry.

Once again this year I will be bringing you reviews of When They Cry Kai, JoJo and Magical Girl site as well as some essays and fun posts on the theme. My episode reviews will continue as scheduled.

For those of you who like Halloween as much as I do, you are more than welcomed to see what my posts were in past years. There are some that I really love among them and who knows, you might find something fun as well!

reading is for nerds

Countdown to Halloween 2019

Countdown to Halloween 2018:

Countdown to Halloween 2017:

I hope I get to do one more of these next year. It’s always fun to spend Halloween with you guys!

Don’t eat too much candy and remember to have fun!

even Halloween is improved with a little Natsume

1. tanteikid94 says:

I am just a wimp, so I usually tagged out of horror

2. This Halloween, I’m gonna find a good corny horror movie or two to watch. lol I might try some horror-themed commentary for my blog, as well.

3. Halsdoll says:

I used to eat a lot of candy as a kid until I realized the trip to the dentist is painful. No candy for me this Halloween, but chocolate cake sounds good.

4. Caught in the web… watching that spider approach…

Goody! I keep hearing the Nightmare Before Christmas song “This is Halloween, this is halloween..: LOL

6. raistlin0903 says:

“Now I know that horror is probably the least popular anime genre out there”…..well…not in my book! 😀😀 I’ve been counting down to Halloween for 9 weeks now haha😀
    But erm…this sentence worried me a bit: “I hope I get to do one more of these next year”…just out of concern, but erm…why wouldn’t you be able to do one more of these next year? You are not going to stop blogging are you?🤔😅😅

Well I never intended to blog forever. I also think it’s easier to not put too much pressure on yourself. Yes I noticed you were doing a countdown to Halloween this year. That’s so cool!

• raistlin0903 says:

😢 I would really miss you if you would leave the blogging world you know😢 I hope you will remain for a while at least. But yeah I know what you mean about not putting pressure on yourself that’s for sure.
        I would also never want to put that pressure on you, so don’t get me wrong. But well…can’t help but say that I would miss you 😅

7. Anonymous says:

Every Halloween i play one of the horror games i have on my collection and watch something pretty scary as well.
    -K.Anthony

8. ospreyshire says:

Nice! I’m looking forward to the articles you’ll have for this Halloween season.

9. oliveunicorn says:

Nice looking forward to the spooky posts 💕🎃

10. I don’t celebrate Halloween, but your countdown is definitely setting the vibe for it!