Is it just a basic thing to love Halloween? I feel like it’s most people’s favourite holiday. It’s mine. Well most holidays are my favourite. I’m festive and have a loose grasp on the concept of favourite.
Every year I do this little thing on my blog. In the days leading up to Halloween, I try to set the mood by posting thematically appropriate articles. I sort of wing it every time so I don’t really have a set date or anything for when I start. Anyways, this year, it’s Today!!!!!
So what can you expect from I Drink and Watch Anime’s 2019 Countdown to Halloween? A comfy mix of horror and Halloween related essays and how they apply to anime or Japan as well as this year’s pick of creepy anime reviews. I will be covering Blood Blockade Battlefront, Demon Slayer and Happy Sugar Life. I do hope you look forward to it.
For those more impatient readers of mine, I have done this twice in the past so feel free to check out the previous years’ posts:
Countdown to Halloween 2018:
- Shin Sekai Yori – The Lessons of the Bonobos (Countdown to Halloween)
- Parasyte – Aren’t Humans The Worst? (Countdown to Halloween)
- The Terror of Responsibility (Natsume week)
- 5 Last Minute Cheap and Easy Anime Halloween Costumes
- Anime Fridge Horror (Countdown to Halloween)
- Black Butlers and Red Madams (Countdown to Halloween)
- The Mystic Archives of Dantalian (Countdown to Halloween)
- Even Creepypastas Are Scarier in Japan
Countdown to Halloween 2017:
Ohhhh, I’m starting to have a decent Halloween post collection. I hope you find something you enjoy! Next year, I’m hoping to be able to get Halloween posts from a few different bloggers. Maybe a classic posts repost special or something. Let me know if that sounds interesting!
In the meantime stay safe and don’t forget to have a fun and terrifying time out there!