Do you guys follow Shallow Dives in Anime? I do. I don’t know if I’ve given Dewbond a proper shout out on this blog and if not, that’s my bad as it’s a blog I can consistently count on for entertaining posts and that’s saying a lot! I’m always happy to make a little time in my day to read one of Dewbond’s posts.
Some of that entertaining content is this great new idea. The GIALNT challenge (Give It A Light Novel Title – light novels always need an acronym). You can and should read all about it here. Also why not follow Shallow Dives if you don’t already.
It’s a simple idea, just pick a handful of popular anime and and rename them as if they were light novels. For those of you not entirely familiar with what that means, basically light novels try to describe the entire plot in the title. It’s more like a long tag line really.
Although I enjoy these run on sentence titles and was psyched about doing this post, I’m starting to get a little nervous. I was never that great at coming up with titles and naming my posts remains a struggle. And when I do come up with something I like it’s generally a word or two. This might actually turn out to be quite the challenge indeed.
So before we laugh at my failures together. We are laughing *together* right…. Let’s first take a look at the rules:
- Choose up to five anime, manga or visual novel series that have a short title
- Light novels that have shorter titles (Date A Live for example) are also allowed.
- Give these series a new title based on those classic overly long Light Novels we love!
- If someone has already picked a series you wanted. It’s OK! Let’s see your own take on the title!
- Link back to the original post so I can read people’s suggestions, I’d love to read everyone’s ideas. (it’s this post right here)
- Include Give it a Light Novel title in your tags so everyone including myself can find them all easily. (my tags are getting out of hand)
- Nominate around 1-6 bloggers.
Alrighty, now for my selection of anime. Full Disclosure, I don’t always know what’s based on a light novel and what isn’t so I’m just going to stick to stuff with short titles. Sorry Natsume’s Book of Friends, you’re already long enough to have an acronym….
My family got Eaten by Demons but now I have an Adorable Demon Sister.
I lost my life and forgot my past so I could figure out who I was always many to be: Idol Edition
ILMLAFMPSICFOWIWTB : Idol Edition
*I actually know this one is a light novel but I figured this title could use some clarification…
The Headless Girl, the Angry Barman, the Teenage Gang leader, the Troll, and their friends
The Boy who redefined the notion of foodgasm.
The Anime that bullied me by continuously calling a young boy “short” who is more than 2 inches taller than me
What the heck – here’s an extra one cause I can’t resist.
Natsume’s Book of Friends
The wondrous and heartwarming adventures of the Quiet Boy and his Drunken Cat
That time Irina watched an anime and proceeded to talk about it for 1000 years
Ok this was fun. I hope you guys will join in as well. There’s something soothing about the experience. I’m going to start putting light novel titles in my email re lines!