Is it just me, or are we starting to really strain the definition of “question” here?
- Your Favorite Teen Meister
- Your Least Favorite Teen Meister
- Your Favorite Teen Weapon
- Your Least Favorite Teen Weapon
- Your Favorite Adult Meister
- Your Least Favorite Adult Meister
- Your favorite Adult Weapon
- Your Least favorite Adult Weapon
- Your Favorite Witch
- Your Least Favorite Witch
- Your Favorite Class
- Your Favorite Outfit
- Your Favorite Pairing
- Your Least Favorite Pairing
- Your Favorite Crack Pairing
- Your Least Favorite Crack Pairing
- Your Favorite Scene
- Your Least Favorite Scene
- Your Favorite Opening
- Your Least Favorite Opening
- Your Favorite Ending
- Your Least Favorite Ending
- Moon or Sun?
- Fool! / BAKA!
- Lord Death
- If You Met Your All Time Favorite Character
- Chibi Time?
- A Message To Atsushi Ohkubo
Fool! / BAKA!
I’m honestly not sure what I’m supposed to be doing this week. Is this just a post dedicated to best boy Excalibur? Am I meant to let you know if I like him or not? Is this a sub vs dub debate? Ok I may be overthinking things but you have to admit this isn’t exactly the clearest question.
Assuming that this question related to my general feelings about Excalibur, he’s the best of course. He’ll tell you himself if you ever give him half a chance. Or 1/9871046629816318364th of a chance. It’s not even a question of opinion, Excalibur is the objective best weapon available.
I love comedic relief characters in general so I have a soft spot for the obnoxious motormouth. Sure he’s annoying, it’s his role and he plays it to a t. I particularly liked that they went out of their way to show us that he can back up all his extravagant claims, yet it still didn’t make him bearable. What’s more, no bad guys ever seemed to have considered using him either. He’s just that insufferable.
Ever since I read Schweik as a kid I have had a fondness for forcefully annoying characters. Obviously the routine would get very old very quickly if he was a supporting character with any sort of important input in the story, but as a rarely seen recurring guest, his intrusions were simply light distraction and tension breaks that made me smile more often than not.
So if the question is Excalibur yay or nay, I vote yay. If we actually had to choose between the words Baka and fool.. that’s impossible!!!!
Suggested drink : Village Idiot (sounds yummy)
- Every time any character makes a fool of themselves – laugh
- Every time Excalibur shows up – take a sip
- Every time Excalibur says baka – drink some water
- if another character says baka – take a sip
- Every time a character has a stroke of genius – take a sip
- Every time Maka is exasperated of being surrounded by idiots – feel her pain