Well this is embarrassing. I hadn’t realized Soul Eater had different openings. Yeah, this is one of my favourite shows.
- Your Favorite Teen Meister
- Your Least Favorite Teen Meister
- Your Favorite Teen Weapon
- Your Least Favorite Teen Weapon
- Your Favorite Adult Meister
- Your Least Favorite Adult Meister
- Your favorite Adult Weapon
- Your Least favorite Adult Weapon
- Your Favorite Witch
- Your Least Favorite Witch
- Your Favorite Class
- Your Favorite Outfit
- Your Favorite Pairing
- Your Least Favorite Pairing
- Your Favorite Crack Pairing
- Your Least Favorite Crack Pairing
- Your Favorite Scene
- Your Least Favorite Scene
- Your Favorite Opening
- Your Least Favorite Opening
- Your Favorite Ending
- Your Least Favorite Ending
- Moon or Sun?
- Fool! / BAKA!
- Lord Death
- If You Met Your All Time Favorite Character
- Chibi Time?
- A Message To Atsushi Ohkubo
Your Favorite Opening
Well it’s not like there were TONS of different openings, there are only two really. You can’t blame me too much for having forgotten about that.
So I just rewatched them all, yes all two – the things I do for you guys! – and I’m going to go with papermoon or OP2:
Fact is, I’m not really crazy about either of these OPs. For a show as creative and weird as Soul Eater, the OPs are pretty standard fare. Don’t get me wrong, they get the job done. Rewatching them just now gave me the urge to see the series again (not the same way as the HxH OPs did when I had the same question) but nothing about them really stands out. There’s a reason we never see this show in best OP lists.
I’m kinda hoping you flood my comments with lists showing otherwise. Mostly because I really don’t have anything else to say on the subject.
I chose Papermoon because I like the song a bit better, that’s all.
This said, the visuals of the Soul Eater repeat openings are really cool. Much better to look at, but since it’s not the ones I saw when I was watching the show, I don’t get the same pangs of nostalgia. That got them out of the running.
Nevertheless, if you’ve never seen them, it’s definitely worth a look,
Look at that magical girl Maka!
Suggested drink: Paper (Honey) Moon
- Every time Maka gets a close up – take a sip
- Every time we see the Sun or the Moon – take a sip
- Every time the camera zooms by a character – take a sip
- Every time there’s an artsy establishing shot – take a sip
- Every time there’s a split screen – take a sip