I know, I know, I’m really behind on my award tags. If I gave anyone the impression that I didn’t appreciate the nomination I’m so sorry. I really do! You’re awesome, I’m the bum. Let me try to rectify that just a little bit. I still have tons backlogged but baby steps people!
- Display the award logo (scary scary butterflies!)
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and post a link to their blog (my pleasure!)
- Answer the questions of the one who nominated you (OK!)
- Nominate 5-10 bloggers (on it)
- Ask them 7 questions (I’m not grea at that)
So first up, thank you so much Ryuji for being the first to call my blog neat. I regularly call things “neat-o” and my friends pretend not to know me. It’s all good, us really cool folks know exactly just how great a compliment “neat” is. First make sure you go read Ryuji’s award post because it’s oddly relaxing and comforting. Ryuji sure paints an inviting word picture. Just go – you’ll see what I mean. Also, I just feel like I have to let you guys in on this, Ryuji wrote this truly touching end of year retrospective post in which he kindly took the time to personally shout out his fellow bloggers in such a sweet way. Yeah – he mentioned me too and I am awed but even if he hadn’t, this is just such a nice gesture and I think you guys will appreciate it too.
- Have you ever hated any of your teachers? If yes, then how many times have you tortured them to death? J
I very much disliked one teacher who really thought girls had no place studying advanced mathematics. This was really odd because there were a lot of girls in that class, as had been the case for many years so I’m not sure why he hadn’t gotten over it yet.
17 – the answer is 17!
- Name an anime song that makes you jump in joy or sing along with it (Even if the lyrics are mainly just gibberish)?
Honestly, please please don’t judge me….The intro to iCarly. It has to do with nostalgia and dancing around my living room every time it came on but to this day, as soon as I hear that opening riff I instantly drop what I’m doing and jump around. It’s on my playlist and I have done the jumping thing in buses. It clashes quite a bit with the rest of that playlist.
- What is your ideal travel destination?
Prague, it’s always Prague. Prague is just beauty in city form. Those bridges that architecture. Because the town has been through so many wars, you actually have a collection of different era structures all crowded together. It’s like walking through an Architectural History Exhibit in real life. Food’s decent too.
- Have you ever hurt an animal back when you were a kid? (…….. Please tell me it wasn’t just me Q.Q)
It’s just you. I refused to swat mosquitoes… This explains the malaria.
- 2017 is almost at its end, which anime has been your favorite this year?
- Are you into K-pop/K-drama? Who is your favorite Idol/Actor among them?
I’m actually way hardcore into K-cinema but it would be difficult to name a favourite actor. Some of my favourite movies are:
- Attack the Gas Station
- The Exclusive: Beat the Devil’s Tattoo
- A Hard Day
- Castaway on the Moon (yes a romance!)
- Ciy of Violence
I’m forgetting about 173, Koreans make great movies, guys.
- It’s a zombie apocalypse. You are driven to a corner, the object to your left and right are your only weapon. How screwed are you? (Clichéd question, I know)
Ha! I answered this once (Last time it was booze…) This time – Pop figure of Doc Brown and a lead mechanical pencil. I think we all know I am going to be ruling the new world!
Thanks Ryuji! These were so much fun to answer.
And then, for completely baffling reasons, A nerdy Perspective actually seconded that nomination. I love how gorgeous the posts always are on A Nerdy Perspective. I mean, take for instance this nomination post not only is it a super fun and entertaining read but those are some fantastic pic choices right there! Even if you don’t read English you can clearly enjoy this site, but you’ll be missing out on a lot!
- If you could go for afternoon tea with a villain of you choice to discuss their evil plans who would you choose and why?
I have a pretty well established track record of being nitpicky on the definition of villain. For instance, I’ve never considered Hisoka to fall into that category, nor my well-intentioned if somewhat delusional Danganronpa 2 husbando, or else they would both have been clear contenders.
On the other hand, actual unambiguous villains don’t seem like they would make for the best tea companions except possibly for Makishima. The Psycho Pass terrorist is a clear villain, even if his goals could possibly be debated, his methods are entirely indefensible, completely rendering any higher meaning moot. This said, he does seem stable enough to have an entire conversation with, affable enough to even be pleasant and let’s face it, he’s ok to look at. I would really like to know what the long-term plan is. What he intended to replace the current social structure with. People always think of the revolution but rarely consider how to rebuild. Then again, I might just come out of it completely convinced of his message so this may not be the best idea.
- Are there any characters that you hate? You just wish they would go away because they annoy you so much!
Wow, I actually don’t think so. There are certainly characters I like less but never to the point of hate. (Shows are another story). Maybe Navi – from Zelda. I wanted to swat that thing a few times…
- What is your favourite thing about Christmas? Or if you celebrate another holiday what is it and what’s your favourite thing about it?
Giving gifts. I have a gift giving problem. I’m way into it, much more than receiving. I tend to overdo it in fact. I don’t wait until Christmas mind you, I’m a general opportunity giftist!
- Do you have a favourite video game? It can be from recently or maybe something you played when you were younger!
I have a lot. I LOVE Vesperia – made no secret of it. I played probably years worth of WOW. I adore the Fallout franchise but had a bit more trouble getting into 4. I loved Mass Effect but have yet to finish Andromeda. FF7 is one of my all time favorites and the first game I remember playing in detail (crisis core is my second favorite FF). FF15 was really great too, a pleasant return to form. There are many visual novels I adore. Okami was brilliant and I still enjoy the odd Dungeon Keeper game. P4 and 5 … I’ll stop. I like games.
- What is one of your fondest memories?
I’m the annoying cherish every moment sort. Nothing stands out but most of it was great.
- Do you have any New Years Resolutions?
Keep doing everything I was – only a little better.
- Can you speak any other languages other than your own? If so what are they?
I can – It’s a long story: I speak: French, German, Russian, Bulgarian, English, Malgasy and Darja. I can get by in a few other languages but it’s painful for all involved.
Thank you so much Nerdy, I gotta say, doing this post reminded me how much fun these tags are! I know some people get swamped by them and it can become a bit of a chore so I’ll try not to nominate any of you that are over such things but I hope some of you will have as much fun writing one as I did!
Fine Shoka, you don’t have to do it… Only because there are much more to come
As for questions:
- What’s the best thing you got for the holidays?
- Is there a funny typo you make every time?
- What piece of anime merch do you wish you had (if it existed)
- What crossover would you like to see
- What is the last thing you picked up off the floor (that you didn’t drop)
- Is there an anime you love that never quite makes it into your list of favourites?
- What was your most recent anime let down?