This week let’s all take a look at me favorite redheaded deathscythe dad. I be he’s your favorite redheaded deathscythe dad as well!
- Your Favorite Teen Meister
- Your Least Favorite Teen Meister
- Your Favorite Teen Weapon
- Your Least Favorite Teen Weapon
- Your Favorite Adult Meister
- Your Least Favorite Adult Meister
- Your favorite Adult Weapon
- Your Least favorite Adult Weapon
- Your Favorite Witch
- Your Least Favorite Witch
- Your Favorite Class
- Your Favorite Outfit
- Your Favorite Pairing
- Your Least Favorite Pairing
- Your Favorite Crack Pairing
- Your Least Favorite Crack Pairing
- Your Favorite Scene
- Your Least Favorite Scene
- Your Favorite Opening
- Your Least Favorite Opening
- Your Favorite Ending
- Your Least Favorite Ending
- Moon or Sun?
- Fool! / BAKA!
- Lord Death
- If You Met Your All Time Favorite Character
- Chibi Time?
- A Message To Atsushi Ohkubo
Your Favorite Adult Weapon
I published my daddy post a while ago and since you’ve all read it, you already know that I love dad characters and I love Spirit as a dad. A lot! His entire “fighting his own nature for the sake of his daughter’s approval” is adorable. The fact that he loses more often than not is hilarious. I like Spirit. He can be my other dad anytime.
It’s difficult to have a standout design in a show like Soul Eater since the style is really on point. I could make credible arguments for pretty much every character (some exceptions do come to mind, *cough, Soul, cough*. Spirit isn’t the best or most striking of the bunch but I do love me a ginger and that silly tie was really on of a kind. I’m pretty sure it’s too stupid to work in real life but it made me very happy.
I don’t really hate playah characters as archetypes. Almost as a necessity of their trope, they tend to be friendly, easy going and attractive, all traits I’m rather fond of. And Spirit falls in the least objectionable category as he’s never predatory or even insistant and seems to win women over by being charming and supportive. We never get the impression that he wants to hurt anyone or even take advantage of them, he just wants a good time. I get why Maka and her mom have issues with his…hobbies…but he doesn’t owe me any explanations.
Since Spirit is a bumbling hopeless Casanova 99% of the time, it’s easy to forget that he’s an extremely powerful deathscythe, potentially the most powerful weapon in existence, and that he in fact worked hard to get there. The very few moments when Spirit stops playing around and gets serious only hit us that much harder for it and we instantly realize just how boss the man is.
A fun character who heralded some of the more touching moments of the show. His abject horror and repulsion at learning that Medusa is Chroma’s mother and had abused her own child in such a way, is one of the most powerful and human reactions Soul Eater has to offer. If there was ever any doubt, it really spelled out that at the end of the day, there was always only one girl in Spirit’s heart.
Honorable mention – Nygus
I like healers – and she’s super incredibly hot. I wish we could have gotten to know her better.
Suggested drink: Big Daddy
- Every time Spirit embarasses Maka – call your dad
- Every time Spirit latches onto a pretty girl – take a sip
- Every time Spirit normalizes Stein – take a sip
- Every time Spirit disagrees with Death (quite a sentence) – take a sip
- Every time Make show affection for her dad – get a tissue
- Every time Spirit is being overprotective – take a sip
- Every time Spirit worries about Maka – hug your dad