If I was a bit at a loss as to how to interpret previous entries as questions, this week, I have no clue what it even means.
- Your Favorite Teen Meister
- Your Least Favorite Teen Meister
- Your Favorite Teen Weapon
- Your Least Favorite Teen Weapon
- Your Favorite Adult Meister
- Your Least Favorite Adult Meister
- Your favorite Adult Weapon
- Your Least favorite Adult Weapon
- Your Favorite Witch
- Your Least Favorite Witch
- Your Favorite Class
- Your Favorite Outfit
- Your Favorite Pairing
- Your Least Favorite Pairing
- Your Favorite Crack Pairing
- Your Least Favorite Crack Pairing
- Your Favorite Scene
- Your Least Favorite Scene
- Your Favorite Opening
- Your Least Favorite Opening
- Your Favorite Ending
- Your Least Favorite Ending
- Moon or Sun?
- Fool! / BAKA!
- Lord Death
- If You Met Your All Time Favorite Character
- Chibi Time?
- A Message To Atsushi Ohkubo
We’re there really a large amount of chibis in Soul Eater? I’m afraid I don’t remember them at all. I’m sure some were used. They’re a pretty universal anime feature by now but I would never have associated them with this show in particular.
You wanna see chibis, go watch the royal tutor.
Yeah I be no clue what I m supposed to do here…
Chibis are generally used for two main reasons. They are an easy and immediate way to break the tension in any scene and can almost be used as a sight gag all by themselves. And, from a practical standpoint, they are much simpler to draw and animate, therefore require less resources. If a production is particularly strained,, resorting to frequent chibis can be a good option to stretch their budget out as much as possible.
In general I m not opposed to them. I do find them cute and amusing. Sometimes I find that they may cut the tension a bit too much but otherwise I really have no complaints.
I prefer the super deformed chibis with dwarfed proportions. Occasionally, especially for very more character designs, I find that a chibi looks too much like the normal character without any detailing. At that point it just feels cheap.
That’s all I have to say on the subject really. Good question!
Suggested drink : Baby Guinness
- Every time you see a chibi – take a shot
- Every time Marie talks about babies – take a shot
- Every time someone makes fun of Black Star’s size – take a shot
- Every time you stretch the definition of chobi because you really like baby guinnesses – take a shot
- Every time you feel like it – take a shot
- After your done – eat some celery and drink 3 glasses of water.