Considering my favorite character is Stein, I think the correct answer here is run away…
- Your Favorite Teen Meister
- Your Least Favorite Teen Meister
- Your Favorite Teen Weapon
- Your Least Favorite Teen Weapon
- Your Favorite Adult Meister
- Your Least Favorite Adult Meister
- Your favorite Adult Weapon
- Your Least favorite Adult Weapon
- Your Favorite Witch
- Your Least Favorite Witch
- Your Favorite Class
- Your Favorite Outfit
- Your Favorite Pairing
- Your Least Favorite Pairing
- Your Favorite Crack Pairing
- Your Least Favorite Crack Pairing
- Your Favorite Scene
- Your Least Favorite Scene
- Your Favorite Opening
- Your Least Favorite Opening
- Your Favorite Ending
- Your Least Favorite Ending
- Moon or Sun?
- Fool! / BAKA!
- Lord Death
- If You Met Your All Time Favorite Character
- Chibi Time?
- A Message To Atsushi Ohkubo
IF You Met Your All Time Favorite Character
I don’t know how this happens every time. Despite being a firm believer in nice boys being best boys, I always end up with a soft spot for the morally bankrupt nonheros (let’s face it they usually aren’t virtuous enough to qualify as antiheros).
And it’s not even as if I had a type. For a character like Stein or Izaya, I have no excuse. I knew what I was getting myself into. They may be trolls but they’re upfront about it. But if I strongly latch onto a character early on in a series 8 times out of 10, that character will reveal themselves to have been a traitor all along or to be mentally unstable or both.
Thankfully, aside from a few highly regrettable dating mistakes, my choice in real life friends is much better and I have been enviably lucky to find myself surrounded by absolutely lovely people. Who do not read this blog…
But back to the topic at hand. Putting dubious values, or lack there of, aside, the one thing I tend to really like in a character is wit. Stein’s brilliant, it’s one of his basic traits but beyond that, he’s also very witty. In fact, he’s the one most likely to be cracking a joke in that supremely deadpan manner of his. Because of his imposing and even a little threatening persona, we sometimes overlook that he’s also the class clown.
Then again in a cast full of comic relief characters, it’s a little difficult to stand out.
So I guess what I would like to do most is just joke around. Have a bit of a chat and a laugh. Maybe get a drink or a bite. Man this sort of sounds like a date, and a boring plain one at that. But really, what more could I ask for.
I’d love a tour of the lab and even a lesson or two but I’m scared he’ll need dissection material so I’d rather stay in well lit public places. I might have horrible tastes in anime people but I’m not completely clueless.
I would also love to go to a skate park with kid. Skateboarding is super fun.
Suggested drink : a 3AM Decision (a.k.a. poor judgement)
- Every time Stein acts relatively normal – take a sip
- Every time we see Stein’s Lab – take a sip
- Every time Stein and Medusa banter – take a sip
- Every time Stein eats – make yourself dinner
- Every time Stein smokes – breath in
- Every time Kid’s skating – raise your glass