To be honest I had to look this up. I remembered a few types of hunters but no particular one really leaped out at me.
- How did you find HxH?
- Favorite main character
- Favorite supporting character
- Favorite Chimera ant
- Least favorite character
- Favorite Zoldyck Member
- Favorite Villain
- Favorite Nen type
- Favorite Nen ability
- Favorite episode
- Favorite scene
- Favorite opening animation
- Do you ship anyone
- Saddest scene
- Favorite non-nen ability
- Favorite ark
- Least favorite ark
- Favorite type of Hunter
- Favorite character outfit
- Funniest scene
- Who would you cosplay as
- Friendliest character
- Least friendly character
- Best main character family member
- Favorite character backstory
- Worse main character family member
- Manga or Anime
- Most relatable character
- What got you hooked on the show
- Why do you love HxH
Favorite Type of Hunter
I’ll admit, I was surprised t how many Hunter types were identified in the series. Since the main characters ( other than Kurapika in the end) never pick a type, I had never paid that much attention to that part of the show.
I remember clearly the gourmet hunters from the exam arc but otherwise I was at a loss. Did you guys know there are Paleograph Hunters?
Anyways, my first instincts was to go with whatever Knuckles is because I love dogs too. Turns out, knuckles is a Beast Hunter. In practice this means: Hunters who feel a deep love for nature; their job involves the study and preservation of undiscovered animal species. There are two subcategories of Beast Hunter—Exotic Game Hunters and UMA (Unidentified Mysterious Animal) Hunters. via HxH wiki
Honestly that sounds awesome!
Shoot, Knuckles and Pokkle are all Beast Hunters and they’re all pretty nice guys. Surprisingly, Kite is not part of this group, despite environmental study and preservation being his life’s work. Apparently he’s a Contract Hunter, probably because he gets paid for his biological surveys by corporations.
Another closely related Hunter type is Poacher Hunters who are described as Hunters who are dedicated to study animals and protect them from poachers. Much like the Nen types, it seems the definition of Hunter types leaves a few things to be desired.
Suggested drink: the Pit Bull
- Every time we see a puppy – cheer
- Every time animals take to a hunter – have a drink
- Every time we learn a Hunter type – have a drink
- Every time you recognize a hunter type – raise your glass
- Every time a hunter has no type – have some water
- Every time you space out staring at the gif below – have a drink