Best Weekend EVER! One Lovely Blog

So not only did I just hit the 100 followers mark but I also got nominated the One Lovely Blog Award by the certainly very lovely Shokamoka. That blog most certainly deserves the qualifier and if you somehow have missed it up until now, today is your lucky day as you get to discover it HERE

Now I realize that many of you have been here done that but this is my very first nomination and I am super excited!

When I saw Shoka’s post on Thursday morning as I was brushing my teeth, and saw my own name in there, I couldn’t stop myself from doing a little dance. Almost dropped my phone in the toilet and covered the mirror in toothpaste spatter. Both are pretty much daily occurrences but this time it was for a happy cause.

Rules

• Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog: Thank you Shoka!!!!!
  • Add the One Lovely Blog Award to your post: It’s up there
  • Share 7 things about yourself: They’re down there
  • Pass this on to as many people as you like (max 15): Since I now many of you get more noms than you know what to do with, I’m going to take a page from Shoka’s book and simply share a few blogs with you in case you don’t know them. They can choose for themselves to play along or not.
  • Include this set of rules: I did!
  • Inform your nominees: They will figure it out when(if) they read this.
Image result for anime gif counting

This is going to be a challenge for both of us

7 things about me…

I am actually afraid of butterflies

Don’t ask me why – it’s a phobia. I’ve always been afraid of them. Moths too. I’ve tried to justify it with things like their evolution/continued existence is suspicious. I mean how can a super flashy species whose only  natural defense mechanism is physiological mimicry and whose life cycle is uniquely intricate not have gone extinct by now? There’s definitely something we don’t know there….

I originally wanted to make a blog dedicated to anime inspired recipes

When I first saw Bungou Stray Dogs I got really fascinated by the description of Ochazuke. It looked really delicious and right up my alley. I scoured the internet for a recipe and was delighted to make my own version. I love cooking and really enjoy anime inspired dishes. For some reason it makes me feel like I’m sharing a meal with my favorite characters. There are a few sites out there but not that many so I figured I could make one too.

I quickly realized that in order to make it work, I would have to test out and develop the recipes and since I’m vegetarian I’m kind of limited in that area. As such, I quickly moved on to something I know better. Hah – I’ma drunk!

I prefer reviewing anime I consider not very good

With a few exceptions, I get a little gun-shy when it comes to reviewing anime I love. I’m just so afraid I can’t do them justice.

This said, Natsume has been a definite exception to this rule. Maybe it’s because I’m writing about the show as I am watching it or maybe it’s because it just gets me overflowing with emotions that spill out onto the page very naturally but either way, I love reviewing that show. Not that I’m doing it justice by any means.

I’m shorter than you

Just trust me on this one, I am.

I don’t like mixed drinks very much

I mean they’re ok once in a while but generally speaking I prefer straight alcohol with a glass of water on the side (hydration is important kids!). Anything too sugary and that’s a recipe for a headache and tummy cramps. I’m sorry if I’ve let you all down.

I have however tested out most of my drinking games!

I am very intimidated by you

As in other bloggers. I generally go through life with very little idea what I’m doing but this is particularly true when it comes to blogging or writing in general. I have discovered such a bevy of great blogs that I really wonder why I should even try. Then I have a few drinks and kinda forget about it and then you get what you get….

I am really enjoying myself though. Some people say that, that’s what counts….

Up until embarrassingly recently, I thought that seasonal anime was holiday themed shows.

I was very very confused by all your posts for a while there.

Image result for anime gif recommend

I asked Google images “recommend anime” – Google images is a genius

Like I said, I won’t force anyone to follow up because chain letters are evil and I know some of you guys get these every other day, but here are a few blogs that **I* think are really lovely:

Artemis: https://otakulounge.wordpress.com/

I’m pretty sure she would be in the way over getting nominated for these things category but I’m trying my luck!

Mel: https://melinanimeland.wordpress.com/

Mel has had a few awards but I didn’t see the lovely one which makes no sense cause Mel’s super lovely!

Nesha: https://moe404.wordpress.com/

Even though a spoil of Nesha has been around for a while, English language reviews have only been added recently. You only need to take a look at the site to see while it would be considered lovely!

Oishi: https://animeandfandomlife.wordpress.com/

I’m not sure if Oishi just categorically refuses to take part in these but I couldn’t find an award post on anime and fandom life and that seemed wrong.

RickyDDR: https://rickyddr.wordpress.com/

Crafts are lovely and Ricky is so…sweet. Ha!

Shadowcat99: https://exploringanimeandmanga.wordpress.com/

Since this blog is relatively new, there is a small chance that Shadowcat will still be into this sort of thing. In any case, they’re always lovely to me!

I’m actually hoping people will throw pity noms at me regularly so that I can in time nominate everybody!

Ok So I think this covers it. My weekend of thank yous is now complete. You know what, one last one:

Image result for anime gif bow

1. RickyDDR says:

You must have a stomach of steel to prefer having straight up liquor with a water chaser lol.

But thanks for the shout out, and I enjoy very much learning more about you! I have to agree with what you said about preferring to write about anime you don’t enjoy. I find it’s easier to criticize an anime then it is to praise it lol.

😍

2. Artemis says:

Thank you for the nomination! It might be a couple of weeks before I get around to doing it, but I will do so eventually. 🙂

Trust me, you’re not the only one to feel intimidated by other anime blogs and bloggers out there. I can’t speak for anyone else of course, but I’m constantly in awe of the content other people are posting on a regular basis, and wondering just how on earth I’ll ever be able to measure up in either ideas or writing quality. On the plus side, most people I’ve come across have been very supportive, and in the 4-5 years I’ve been blogging, I don’t think I’ve ever been made to feel unwelcome.

Congrats on your nomination.

(It’s nomitations like this one that I find scary enough to turn me off having a blog of my own. They’re supposed to be fun, and – well – the posts are fun to read, but imagining myself at the receiving end of one is… scary.)

Also, you’ve managed to post an image I don’t recognise though the hairdo/outfit combo is vaguely familiar (the situation not so much). [Images: Hyouka –> ??? —> Nozaki-kun –> Hentai Ouji]

4. Jon Spencer says:

🙂 Lot of good things for you lately!

I get the butterfly thing, have you ever had a swarm of them on your face before? I have. Same with bees, but that was much worse…

I didn’t know that you originally wanted to talk about anime recipes. That is a cool idea but I’m glad your blog is the way it is now 🙂

5. shaddowcat99 says:

What a wonderful weekend for you indeed! You do have an exceedingly lovely blog and enjoy it immensely. It was fun to learn more about you. Do you ever fear the butterflies in your stomach?

*squeals* I couldn’t believe it when I saw my name! Thanks so much for the nomination! I am definitely giving this a shot! I’ll just have to find the time to write it… Lol.

6. maestroindonesia212gmailcom says:

Congratulations……

7. Remy Fool says:

Congratulations on the nomination!

Moths are wack. They’re like aliens! Same with butterflies. You have good reason to fear them!

A blog about anime-inspired receips would have been nice, but I think I still would have preferred your current blog, Doc.

It’s actually way more fun to trash a series, I agree. Hey, you’re doing a great job with your reviews on Natsume!!

Mixed drinks are okay, but I gotta agree with your preference for straight drinks. I hope you don’t ingest too much sugary drinks while trying out your drinking games.

Hehehehehe seasonal anime. You should watch that series, by the way. Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun was a riot.

I love Nozaki-kun so much and also fireworks. I’m surprised by how many people find my fear of butterflies reasonable, must be a sign of impeccable taste and high iq….Thank you Remy!

8. Congrats!!
    Your bow is powerful!

9. Karandi says:

Congratulations on the award and again for the 100 followers. It is great to see your blog growing as you write some fantastic posts.
    Afraid of butterflies? Well, I guess it is better than being afraid of grasshoppers (I have a friend who practically passes out when she sees one).

10. Congrat of the for nomination and thank you for nominated me ^_^ Gonna get to that soon as I can.

lol Papillon guess you never were a big fan of Butterfree then XD

During summer I like to take some drink after a hard day at work, but it’s mostly Smirnoff Ice, sometimes I will drink coke mixed with whiskey…OOOh and that think the SAQ released this year the drink come in a pouch, you just of to put it in the freezer once it’s start to freeze, you pour in a glasses and drink it with a straw. It’s really sweet but really good. As for alcohol alone, only Soju and rather drink it cold over the room temperature.

You should try it actually warm in the winter – it’s yum. Alcohol in a bag with a sippy straw huh, not sure I’m fancy enough for that!
      I had friends drag me to the Papillons en Liberté thing at the Botanical Garden. I thought I was going to die!

11. Oishi says:

Congratulations! I could feel your excitement from the post. 😀 It just made me happy.
    I’m scared of butterflies too and I’m certain it’s got to do with this well known superstition here, thay says you’ll get married soon if a butterfly pees on you. I don’t believe in that stuff, but having people around that believed in those things, and found it a point to tease me if something like that happened, made me very wary of butterflies. And you can’t be shorter than me. 😂

And thanks for the shootout. It’s not that I refuse to participate in these things, I’m just very forgetful and by the time I get around to it, I feel like too much time has passed and I get shy. I’ll try to be fast this time. 🙂

It’s not that I refuse to participate in this things

12. DerekL says:

I had to laugh a little at your thing on “seasonal anime”. 🙂 I think it took me the better part of a year to figure out that a) there was such a thing as seasons, and b) you could actually find out what was airing where and when something in advance.

13. If you’re ever interested in sharing those recipes one day, hit us all up for sure. Congrats on the award and even more so on 100 followers—that’s so awesome!!!🎉

People have to be careful about giving me encouragement cause I really don’t need much. I’m definitely going to see about those recipes! and Thank You!

14. alemway says:

Nice blog!

https://alemway.wordpress.com/2017/10/08/facebook-art/ You might check my blog. If you love art!

15. raistlin0903 says:

Haha, this post really put a smile on my face. So glad you are having such a terrific week and you definitely deserve the award. I have only been following your blog for a short while now, but the posts I have read so far are highly entertaining. All I can say is keep it up. Oh…and don’t be intimidated. There really is no need 😀 Hope your weekend will continue to be as awesome as it is now! 😀

16. crimson613 says:

Congrats on the award! 😀 I only just found your blog but I think it’s great 👌👌👌 And lol, I have to wonder if you’re shorter than Lyn, that would be out of this world xD Oh man, did you ever do the recipe stuff?? Why not get someone in on the fun and make them eat the foods or even redesign it so it’s vegetarian? 👀 #foodfoodfood lol

I also always find it easier to review shows I’m not a huge fan of but sometimes I’m afraid i go into rant territory of i REALLY disliked something (remembers death note post) but i try to be fair :”D and i almost feel like being intimidated is part of the blogging package. I always feel like that too, regardless of how long I’ve been at it Orz

Keep up the awesome job 😎😎😎

Oh I have to read it – I love the Death Note Manga and can pretty much quote it but I have never been able to finish the anime…. You know I may occasionally put some recipes up as a random post…
      I do have a bunch on the computer after all….

Thank you so much for your comment!

17. Shokamoka says:

Two shout-outs in one day. I’m feeling a little bad for the free advertisement now haha!
    Along with Riko, I say thank you!

I don’t actually like seeing butterflies up close as well lol
    Not gonna lie, I was initially intimidated by your blog’s theme of alcohol drinking. I’ve told you twice already that I’m not a drinker. But that’s only because I don’t have money to buy drinks, so I always welcome donations~

I finally intimidated someone!…well my blog did. Bith not intimidating at all. First time I see a donation pitch for more alcohol. It’s very honest.

18. Plyasm says:

Congratulations!
    Also a fear of butterflies is weird but kinda cute haha~

1. May 24, 2018

[…] first ever nod from the ever inspiring Shokamoka. I was so excited and happy. You can read about it here if you want to know all the gooey details but in short – it really made my day and it’s still […]