I know I’m desperately behind on these and just doing the latest Ones once in a blue moon is NOT the way to go but what can say. Once in a while, I get the urge to do a tag post and these lovely people had just been kind enough to tag me. Who am I to refuse?
Today we are going to get so much sunshine n here! Vitamin D for months.
But FIRST, you can’t play the game if you don’t know the
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog so that other people can visit them: I will individually below
- Answer the 11 questions put to you by the nominator(s): a total of 33…I’ma gonna try to keep my answers succinct
- Nominate 11 bloggers of your choosing and provide them with a new set of 11 questions to answer: Sorry, I’m going to skip this one, besides my nominations never answer my tags
- Notify the nominees by commenting on one of their blog posts See above
- List the rules and display The Sunshine Blogger Award logo within your post or on your blog site. I did – right here!
First up we have the wonderful Sir Meliodas from anime articles. It should go without saying that you should read their post. And here are the great questions I got to answer!
1- If you could be any anime character for a day, who would it be and why?
Kobayashi – because it really wouldn’t change my routine much but I would have a cute dragon maid waiting for me at home. What more could you want?
2- Why do you like your favorite anime so much?
It reminds me of the wonder and joy all around me.
3- Has anime influenced your daily life? Music tastes? Style? Etc…
Yes – I eat stuff I see in anime all the time. It’s my diet plan!
4- Have you ever written Fan Fiction? Would you ever try it?
Yes, but I didn’t enjoy it much and I find that the doujin I read are always original works rather than fan fiction.
5- Who is your anime crush?
Who isn’t! Also Integra Hellsing and Olivier Armstrong. There is a tiny chance they are the same person. I may have a type…
6- What is something that instantly discourages you from watching an anime?
Toxic fandoms or that it’s titled Mayoiga.
7- Other than the story, what is something that could impress you when you watch an anime and could make the series all the more worth your time?
Lately, I have been really getting into non-textual storytelling. When technical production is woven into the narrative, it really blows my mind!
8- Do you play any anime related video games or games in general? If so which ones?
I’m not sure if they count as anime-related Video Games. I play a lot of JRPGs, some like Persona, the Tales series and FF, have anime adaptations. I also play a lot of Visual Novels that have anime adaptations.
9 – Which anime do you think should get a live action or television series adaptation?
All of them? I don’t actually watch live action much at all anymore so it has no direct impact on me but I would like the anime industry to get the exposure and royalties. I would watch a live action of Beyond the Boundary if it had the budget to pull it off.
10- What is the one post you’re the most proud of at the moment? Any particular reason why?
I don’t know… I really like my Gurren Lagann and Garden of Sinners reviews. Some of my Nowltsume posts are pretty dear to me. Generally, the posts that are really much less popular are the ones that I really liked and had high hopes for….
11- If you had a friend interested in starting anime, which one would you recommend they start with?
You know what, just jump into the deep end. Something like Humanity has Declined or To Be A Heroine. Or actually Mayoiga…nowhere to go but up after that! OK, I’m starting to feel a little bad…
Next up I was psyched to receive a nod from the ever so lovely darkredrose from Otaku and shit. Keeping it classy. If you haven’t read her post, now’s your chance!
1. If you had to blog about anything else, what topic would you choose?
Cooking. That was actually going to be my original blog, trying to recreate anime recipes. Turns out I’m lazy…
2. How long have you been blogging, and what is making you commit?
About two years. And I would say OCD.
3. Do you love writing aside from blogging?
4. What is the weirdest anime/ manga that you have ever watched?
That’s a really tough question. To be a Heroine is definitely an odd mix. Kantyeko Hitman Reborn has a pretty seriously batsh*t plot. Tsuritama was also odd. I liked bizarre anime and I feel like, with time, my sense of weird has gotten misaligned. Nothing seems that weird anymore.
5. Did your school have an anime/ manga club? If, so what was it like and who did it attract? If not, do you wish you had one?
No, it did not and considering how sociable I am, I doubt I would have joined even if it did have one. It had a gaming club tough. I didn’t join…
6. What are your top countries that you would like to travel to? Would you like to live in any?
Well, I’ve already travelled to most. I really love Canada mind you. I guess I would go back to New Zealand or Prague. I would live in Norway or Sweden if I had to move.
Of course, like most weebs I would go back to Japan in a heartbeat but I don’t think I would live there. I got used to a lot of space.
7. Have you told some irl friends or family about your blog? Are they fans?
Yes and define “fan”. They make fun of me for it. Does that count? If so, HUGE fans!
8. Describe your perfect evening.
I think the title of my blog pretty much covers it.
9. What was your dream career as a kid? Are you currently in that career?
Astronaut and NO.
10. What anime/ manga did you like enough to watch a few times?
I sort of burn my bridges and never look back with anime. There’s just so much left to watch! But I did both watch all of Natsume’s Book of Friends and read all the available manga afterwards. Does that count?
11. Do you think you will always like anime/manga?
Short answer, YES. You never know of course but I have loved anime and manga for such a long time and have never gotten bored of it so I don’t really see it happening now…
As I was formatting this post, I got nominating once again by Jusuchin (Military Otaku)! It was faith, I needed to include these questions as well. But first, you really have to check out Jusuchin’ post here!
1) What got you into anime and how old were you?
I was in grad school, maybe 8 or 9, and I wanted to be cool!
2) If you watch romantic comedy anime, what is your favorite and why? If not, why don’t you like romcoms?
I don’t like romcoms because I am a slightly odd individual and I rarely relate to characters and I find that romantic narratives are often written n a way that takes advantage of relatability. Having the audience put themselves up to a certain point in a character’s place makes the emotions ring truer. That’s just not for me. I do LURVE Noaki-kun though!
3) What do you do outside of anime? Non-anime related hobbies.
Wha, they have those? I play video games, shocking right? I have an occasional drink as well.
4) What was the most controversial post you’ve ever written? In terms of either the content or commentary?
OH, I once said trap was a derogatory term and some of my readers got really mad. That’s about as controversial as it got.
5) Cost and restrictions not being an issue, where would you travel to for vacation?
If it’s just vacation then I would go back to Japan, visit some of the islands I didn’t get to. Also I could check out the cost of living in Tasmania.
6) You’ve won the lottery. Spend it all or save it up? (Common ‘what if’ question at work.)
Save it…mostly cause I wouldn’t know what to spend it on. Or give it to charity and use the tax write off
7) What do you think of social media (twitter, Facebook, Instagram) outside of your blog? Helpful in getting your word out? Or a time sink and potential for trouble?
I don’t pay that much attention to it. Occasionally Pinterest swallows me whole.
8) If you drink alcoholic beverages, what is your preferred poison? If you do not, favorite ice cream flavor?
I guess vodka – I’m pretty basic.
9) What sort of music do you listen to when relaxing or doing relaxing activities?
That really depends…. I do have a mix of favourite OPs and EDs I enjoy a lot.
10) What video game are you currently playing?
I’m actually trying to find my next video game. In the meantime, I’m replaying vesperia.
11) I will have to ask as well, but which is much more frightening for you? A zombie apocalypse or a vampire apocalypse?
Zombie. I just feel like something that can be killed by sunshine or garlic just isn’t that much of a threat.
Wow we did it! I’m actually more impressed by you if you made it all the way through those 33 questions!
I would like to thank Sr. Meliodas, Drakredrose and Jusuchin once again for the lovely tag. I appreciate it. I hope everyone has a pleasantly sunny day!