Not gonna lie, the Leibster tag has to be the one I have the most trouble with. It’s 11 questions you guys, and then I have to come up with 11 questions! That’s insane. This said, you guys have come up with some truly fantastic questions and answers. People like Crimson, Auri and Fueled by Smiling make these types of tags into masterpieces of creative writing!
And you know who else has great questions?
Karandi!!! She doesn’t do these tags too often (despite the fact that I’ve gotten two from her lately) but when she does, she really makes it count!
I was also lucky enough to get tagged by Plebby who has an absolutely adorable blog I just can’t get enough of. The cautiously optimistic post on Keijo!!!!! Has been a recent fave of mine.
I even got a shout out from the equally adorable BakkuNyan. This isn’t hyperbole guys, go see those blogs for yourselves but be warned, you will be rethinking your layout….
I’m not going to add any more because that’s already 33 questions guys….
Rules (you know ‘em but I’m adding them for people who wanna cut and paste):
- Share the link of the blogger who has shown love to you by nominating you
- Answer the 11 questions they ask
- Nominate 11 bloggers for the same award in the spirit of sharing love and solidarity with our blogging family (I’m gonna tag 20 total – I’m doing a thing here)
- Ask them 11 questions that you are dying for the answers to! (yeah, I’m going to laze out on that one too – you’ll see)
Karandi’s questions (which I really enjoyed because it allowed me to think back on 2017 and my blog so far)
1. One thing you loved about 2017.
Honestly, discovering the aniblogging community!
2. One thing you hated about 2017.
The state of international politics, the seeming rollback on minority and women’s rights, the constant worry of nuclear war and completely irreversible environmental damage. Otherwise it’s been swell.
3. One thing you learned during 2017 that you think you will use in 2018.
Linking to a post rather than a front page will assure a pingback! Also, no one ever thinks less of you for asking for help.
4. What did you do for New Year’s Eve?
Had a long dinner with people (and a dog) I love.
5. If you could change something that happened in 2017 (only one thing) what would it be?
The Las Vegas shooting, no wait the hurricanes…
6. What is one goal you have set for 2018?
Learn to appreciate stillness. I’m not doing too good so far.
7. What are the odds of you actually meeting your goal?
Maybe 6% and only because I’m stubborn.
8. What anime are you most looking forward to in 2018?
The next iteration of Natsume’s Book of Friends.
9. What are you most excited about for your blog in 2018?
I guess celebrating this? And Collabs – I love collabs.
10. Are you going to any conventions in 2018?
Probably – I try to see if there are any that I can bundle with work travel but I haven’t look into it yet.
11. What advice would you like to give other bloggers for 2018?
Collab with me! Wait does it have to be *good* advice?
- Who’s your favorite anime character?
I DON’T KNOW! Sorry I didn’t mean to shout but I have never been able to answer that and I feel like it’s a copout… in 2017 I really, really liked Nobu from Drifters…
- How do you watch shows? (Weekly, binge, etc.)
Well, I have recently been informed that it’s not binging unless you spend 5 to 10 hours a day watching anime so I’m not sure where I stand. Fact is I don’t like to wait a week between episodes. I usually watch about 4 to 6 episodes an evening of either one or two shows. Call it what you will.
- Why did you start blogging?
Cheaper than hard drugs.
- If you had to choose one anime to live in, what would it be?
Right now – Kamigami no Asobi and I’m thinking school counselor!
- What’s your drink of preference? (Personally, I’m all for coffee)
Seriously? Currently it’s mead… Inorite. Weird? Also, am a huge longtime fan of Sayuri Nigori Sake.
- Do you play an instrument?
A few. I play piano, bass guitar, French horn and Euphonium (yup like the anime).
- What’s your favorite OP?
Not sure maybe 91 days or Terror in Resonance right now. Honorable mention to Watamote. You know what: all of these
- What is your favorite show from 2017?
- Are you a cat or a dog person?
- What’s your favorite thing about yourself?
I was smart enough to figure out that life can be truly beautiful.
- Do you have a guilty pleasure? (No judging here :3)
And finally BakkuNyan
- They say Kim Kardashian broke the internet, but what do you think will truly break the internet?
Trump (sorry to get political on yall…)
- Which character do you think would be boring to hang out with? Give me your top 3 (or 5) and the reason why you think so.
Rin from Yuru Camp. She doesn’t like interacting with people and just stays quiet. She is too young to drink and if I do manage to somehow coax/bribe a conversation out of her, it will be about camping…
- You’re given 30 seconds to say anything to your ultimate idol or crush, what are you gonna say?
I understand this will sound odd, but you absolutely need to come with me right now. I’ll explain everything when we get there!
- A portal suddenly brought you to a fictional world, which world did you get sucked in and what would you do in there first?
Let’s face it – desperately try to find a bathroom…
- What would be the most amazing adventure you can go on?
Realistically, ultra-deep sea submarine. Non realistically Isekai!!!!
- A wild Demogorgon appeared! What will you do?
Let’s face it – desperately try to find a bathroom…
- Do you believe that Life is Strange? *wink wink*
I do! *Is your eye ok?*
- You had a really bad day, what would make it better?
SERIOUSLY??? You guys of course!
- What’s the show you would never want to watch even if you’ll be offered a million dollars + lifetime airline pass
Hmmm well I don’t have any strong feelings about shows I haven’t seen but the thing I would least like to watch is New Game season 2. I would totally do it for a million dollars.
- You suddenly find out that you’re the new ruler of a small country, what’s the first craziest thing you’ll do?
Ensure equal wages for equal work.
- Any recommendations? If yes, then recommend away! (It can be anything *cough* I ran out of questions.)
I’ve mentioned this before but Plaid Pants – no, really.
But all I really wanted to say is, for everyone that has decided to follow me, Thank you!!! Just like yesterday, this is my way of saying I appreciate the follow, it’s not homework. If you don’t have time to do these it’s 100% fine:
- Ellis Adams
- Ourk9 (I’m sorry I couldn’t find your blog but I think it’s great you decided to follow!)
- DONNESHA LYNGDOH
- David Conine
- Crag Banna
And because I’m a particularly lazy baby sloth – instead of coming up with 11 questions for you – I will let you pick 11 amount the 33 I’ve answered here!
54 thoughts on “500 and more Beloved Followers”
Congratulations and thank you soo much for nominating me..💐
Congrats Irina. I especially loved your answer for the smartest thing about yourself, because it’s something simple but it’s also incredibly hard to get to that point for a lot of people.
It takes effort! I’m sure they get there in the end though. Thank You Smiling!!!
Congrats on the award, @Irina. ^ ^
Loved your answers to the questions! Also, oh my god, I had no idea sloth babies were so cute.
Ridiculously so right??? I just found out myself and now I’m all about baby sloths….
Congrats! You certainly deserve the recognition. And thanks for the nomination!
Thank you and anytime…I mean it – I have a lot of these posts to get through… Also – honestly thank yyou for the follow – it means a lot to me
“Why did you start blogging?
Cheaper than hard drugs.”
– Irina, 2018
This literally made my day XD
It might just be one of the best Award post ever!! (Shokamoka’s post is still on top tho ewe)
Anyways, congrats on the award!!
Whoa, really? That many instruments? My God, you really are talented.
PS: Literally all the OP you mentioned is in my favorite playlist…. Coincidence?
Clearly we are both geniuses!!! Also curse you Shoka!
“Why did you start blogging?
– Cheaper than hard drugs.”
Cue snort laugh. Also, mead is a lovely thing. It’s for fantasy geeks who know they’re awesome and aren’t afraid to show it.
Considering the frightening disappearance of bees, we should all take the time to enjoy it now. I also essentially live in a flu incubator at the moment so I’m taking the excuse that any honey based liquor is “good for me”….
You are Welcome
Congrats! I’ll have to see if i can fit one of these posts in in the next couple weeks! Thanks for tagging me!
Of course. Don’t feel obligated!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! ❤💘💖🎉🎉🎉🎉 You deserve each and every one of your followers!! And… Mead? Lol! That’s too funny because I just got into some new meds myself from a winery in my area who started making some. Rosewood Estates Winery & Meadery. Really good stuff!!
Congrats on the milestone
Thank you so much!
Congrats on the award!! Some great answers to read! 😊
Thank you Keiko!
Congrats on reaching this amazing milestone, I hope you double or triple those numbers by next year because you deserve it 💗
Not pressuring, just wishing you even better things 💗
This is such a wonderful thing you are doing here Irina. Loved reading your answers. And duh, ofcourse doing a collab with you is a good idea….you are kidding here right 😊😊
Ugghhhhhh..again with my manners…congratulations times 3 for these awards 😊😊 Or maybe I should say times 11 lol 😂😂
Are you getting burned out on them yet? There’s more to come….
I know you are probably going to say ” I knew you were going to say that” but I really mean it when I say, I never get burned out by them. I always love reading your posts. So looking forward to them 😊😊
Congrats on the award! Those were some good answers there.
Thank you – I’m glad someone got some entertainment out of these…
No problem, Irina.
Great blog and I thank you for following me.
Great blog and I think you for following me.
My pleasure of course!
I heard the collab word and got excited. I’d love to collaborate with you!!!
Fantastic – send me a DM whenever you feel like it. I’m always happy for a good collab!
I can’t find your email or a DM button. But yes please let’s make magic happen! I’m Loryn.Stone@gmail.com
I sometimes wonder if I should do personal/question blogs like this, because I do enjoy to read them and I feel I could answer them easily enough but I don’t know if my site is the kind of place that could accommodate them… I’d probably have to figure out a way to incorporate my 20 Question review style into the way I answer questions… Haha here’s me thinking out loud in a comment how awkward! But I do enjoy reading and learning more about you through these things!
Doing tag posts is an individual choice. Some bloggers prefer not doing them at all, some only very randomly. in any case, seeing how great your blog is, you are going to get tagged for these a whole lot so get ready!
Well that’s so kind of you to say! I guess I better prepare myself then!
Spoken too soon, Irina..
Hi Matt! I tagged you by the way 😀
You know my motto – speak soon and speak often (also incessantly)…
Great advice by the way! But collab with you is too much for a poor fan’s heart
pffffth I say. These are the types of gems you’re missing out on!
I think so too. But I wouldn’t know what to do with myself really. Need to build up more confidence
I’m hoping this is a troll because I’ve always been terribly impressed by your writting and if YOU don’t have confidence, I need to reassess my worldview
Whaaa. Aww that’s really sweet of you to say. Thank you. I’ve always felt that way though
Thanks! I might be a little while before I do an official blogged reply of thanks to you and all the other kind folks who’ve liked and recommended my stuff to others, only because I want to set it up in a way that will fit with my sites theme but rest assured it’s coming!
Just wanted you to know 🙂 But no pressure at all in responding. You’re welcome!