So last week we found out that I’m not quite as smart as a houseplant so I’m no longer venturing guesses. We’re playing safe and straight from now on! This week on I drink and Watch Anime, we consider which is My Least Favorite Ending of Soul Eater. Man, that was a purposeful and clear intro. I feel itchy
- Your Favorite Teen Meister
- Your Least Favorite Teen Meister
- Your Favorite Teen Weapon
- Your Least Favorite Teen Weapon
- Your Favorite Adult Meister
- Your Least Favorite Adult Meister
- Your favorite Adult Weapon
- Your Least favorite Adult Weapon
- Your Favorite Witch
- Your Least Favorite Witch
- Your Favorite Class
- Your Favorite Outfit
- Your Favorite Pairing
- Your Least Favorite Pairing
- Your Favorite Crack Pairing
- Your Least Favorite Crack Pairing
- Your Favorite Scene
- Your Least Favorite Scene
- Your Favorite Opening
- Your Least Favorite Opening
- Your Favorite Ending
- Your Least Favorite Ending
- Moon or Sun?
- Fool! / BAKA!
- Lord Death
- If You Met Your All Time Favorite Character
- Chibi Time?
- A Message To Atsushi Ohkubo
Your Least Favorite Ending
As I mentioned last week, endings 1 and 2 were my favorite. You figured having whittled it down already these week would be a breeze but noooo… I don’t do easy. That’s a lie – I do nothing but easy.
I’m not going to lie to you guys. I watched endings 3 and 4
over and over twice each, and I really don’t have a favorite. They’re really very similar. Both are fun to watch if not exactly special, both have catchy songs and both have similar themes going on.
I was really just going to flip a coin but in the end I decided to pick ED3 as my least favorite because ED4 has the Kishin and I think we don’t see enough of him. It’s one of the weaknesses of the series in my opinion. The Kishin is a great antagonist. An almost blindly destructive force, defined by fear of all things, with a great backstory that weaves into all the main characters’ lives, he could have been one of the all-time great villains. The premise allows for both flexibility and visceral impact and some of the added details in the manga make him even more relevant. Sadly, I found that the anime simply didn’t have time to properly use him (the manga left something to be desired too).
I guess this doesn’t really have that much to do with the endings.
Alright so how about you guys let me know which one you like best. Here’s 3:
And here’s 4:
Suggested drink : Strength and Guidance
- Every time the screen goes black and white- take a sip
- Every time there is non credit writing – take a sip
- Every time we see an awesome fight scene – take a sip
- Every time we see a secondary character – take a sip
- Every time there’s a still – take a sip