Did YOU know there was more than one Soul Eater OP? Cause I knew! I’m an expert!
- Your Favorite Teen Meister
- Your Least Favorite Teen Meister
- Your Favorite Teen Weapon
- Your Least Favorite Teen Weapon
- Your Favorite Adult Meister
- Your Least Favorite Adult Meister
- Your favorite Adult Weapon
- Your Least favorite Adult Weapon
- Your Favorite Witch
- Your Least Favorite Witch
- Your Favorite Class
- Your Favorite Outfit
- Your Favorite Pairing
- Your Least Favorite Pairing
- Your Favorite Crack Pairing
- Your Least Favorite Crack Pairing
- Your Favorite Scene
- Your Least Favorite Scene
- Your Favorite Opening
- Your Least Favorite Opening
- Your Favorite Ending
- Your Least Favorite Ending
- Moon or Sun?
- Fool! / BAKA!
- Lord Death
- If You Met Your All Time Favorite Character
- Chibi Time?
- A Message To Atsushi Ohkubo
Your Least Favorite Opening
Did you read my challenge post last week? It’s ok, most people don’t read them. But here’s a little game to reward those who did. Guess which intro is my least favorite:
With only two intros to choose from, I really don’t have all that much to say on the subject. This said can we all agree that Soul Eater deserved better OPs and EDs. Let me clarify, the OPs aren’t horrible they’re just a little lackluster.
This show is beautiful, distinctive and stylish. It sports some of the most instantly recognizable visuals and some of the most iconic character designs in recent years. If nothing else, you have to admit Soul Eater has a “look”. And the animation itself is solid, with some truly spectacular fight scenes. So how exactly did we end up with these bland, forgettable bookends. These look like they could belong to just about any average shonen.
Do you guys think they simply had to trim the budget somewhere or is this a question of production teams viewing OPs as meer extras. That’s too bad. A good intro goes a long way to setting the tone of a series and getting you excited for the episode to come.
Even just a great intro song will at least get people talking about your show. For instance, listen to the fantastic signal – intro song for 91 days. Do you know how many people have told me they only watched the show because they really liked that intro. 2! I only know 3 people who watch anime, 2 is huge!
Suggested drink : Soul Manhattan
- Every time there’s an arrow motif – take a sip
- Every time the camera zips past a character – take a sip
- Every time a character dances along – take a sip
- Every time Maka and Soul grasp hands – take a sip
- Every time there’s a fight scene – take a sip