You might not believe this but when I started this blog I swore I would answer each and every tag post I got. That lasted about a year and then completely snowballed out of control. Those tags add up real fast! At one point I just couldn’t keep up, not to mention that I would have had to turn my blog into a all tags all the time blog.
But I still like to answer one whenever I can. There’s a reason these types of posts have endured for so long and remain popular. They’re both fun to write and to read. And they’re a great go to when you happen to be a bit low on the ‘ol inspiration.
But before we get to the fun part here are the rules for anyone who needs a refresher:
• Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog so that other people can visit them:
Thank you so much Lena and Rock, please visit Yuri Reviews HERE
• Answer the 11 questions put to you by the nominator – OK
• Nominate 11 bloggers of your choosing and provide them with a new set of 11 questions to answer – I’m going to nominate 5 – this is how these things get out of hand…
• Notify the nominees by commenting on one of their blog posts – OK
• List the rules and display The Sunshine Blogger Award logo within your post or on your blog site – Done
Now let’s see if I can answer all of these. I would so be the first blogger to fail a tag post by getting the wrong answers…
• You’re given the opportunity to create a crossover series of any two anime of your choosing. Which would you pick and why?
I had to think about it for a while but I believe I would go for Black Butler and Hozuki’s Coolheadedness. I really want to see those two versions of hell and their respective denizens clash. Not to mention that Hozuki’s appreciation for efficiency might make him get along with Sebastian.
Also it’s two series I like and would like to see more of.
• You can turn any anime of your choosing into a video game in any genre. Which one would you choose?
A lot of anime already have video games but I once thought I had found a dating game of Hellsing and it turned out to be a hoax. I was deeply disappointed and haven’t been able to get it out of my head. So that’s what I still want – a dating sim based on Hellsing. Let’s make it happen!
• Do you still see yourself blogging five years from now? If so, how about ten?
I honestly don’t know. I sort of started the blog fully expecting to give it up after a few weeks and that’s pretty much been my mindset ever since. Basically I have no expectations but as long as someone still wants to read anything I have to write, then I think I’ll be happy to go on.
• What’s your favorite AMV? If you don’t have one, what’s your favorite anime OP or ED?
Oh this is a though one. I think the very old Kenshin OVA’s AMV made on Slipknot’s Wait and Bleed. It’s one of the first AMVs I ever saw and I was amazed by how well everything was integrated. I might go watch it now.
I also like the Cowboy Bebop – Addicted to Stress AMV.
• In terms of looks, which anime or manga character most resembles you?
Now that I changed my hair I guess maybe Kotoko Iwanaga. At least when I attempt to curl my hair.
• In terms of personality, which anime or manga character most resembles you?
Miss Kobayashi. I didn’t even have to think about that one.
• What’s the biggest thing keeping yuri from becoming more popular?
I’m not sure. Yuri is pretty popular as it is. Maybe it’s that Yuri as a genre, instead of a component present in anime of any genre, is often closely associated with either dramatic romance or CGDCT and therefore is associated with the same biases as both of these genres by a more general public?
• If you were given thirty seconds during the Olympics, Super Bowl, or World Cup to promote your blog, what would you say?
No thank you?
Ok, I’ll play. I would say: “You guys like drinking games?”
• Which one song (that has nothing to do with anime) would be perfect as an anime OP or ED?
Well now I’m drawing a complete blank…
But you know, I wouldn’t mind getting some big orchestral classical piece as an intro. Like Bethoven’s 5th or something. And can we just steal the Harry Potter theme? Cause it’s pretty.
• As a blogger, what’s one regret you have?
Not having enough time for social media.
• If you had to cosplay as an anime character of a different gender than your own, who would you cosplay as?
Well I’ve cosplayed as Griffith, Jigen, Natsume and Death the Kid. I would love to get a Medicine Seller (Mononoke) costume together at some point just because it looks so impressive.
Well there you have it. Not sure I achieved my goal but I did manage to answer all the questions! Yay. And here are some questions of my own.
1- You see a job offer for a job you didn’t even know existed but is your dream career. What is it and how do you prepare for the interview?
2- On your way to the interview, the most beautiful person you’ve ever laid eyes on trips and spills the contents of their bag all over the place. They are looking around obviously hoping someone would help but you don’t have a minute to spare. What do you do?
3- That evening, while you are casually walking home, you meet that person again and something compels you to go talk to them. What do you say?
4- You suddenly realize you should introduce yourself and ask their name at the same time – what is it?
5- Your new very attractive acquaintance is chatting away happily and you can’t believe your ears. What are they saying?
6- Turns out they like anime. No way? What are the odds of that. Here’s your chance to appear all cool thanks to your deep anime knowledge. You lean in and confidently recommend this series:
8- After a few minutes, almost 60 of them, your companion excuses themselves. It’s getting late and they did have some things to take care of. You reach around for an excuse to see them again. It worked as they are agree. Please tell us how you managed that!
9- It’s finally the day to meet them again, you have to make the perfect impression. How do you do that?
10- Turns out you miraculously got that job. You’re not entirely sure how that’s even possible but you’re not about to look a gift horse in the mouth. How do you celebrate.
11- Now that you have your dream fantasy job and a great relationship with the most attractive and surprising person ever, what’s your next move?
I don’t know if I’ll manage to get anyone to play along with me. I may have overstepped this time. But you know what they say, you miss every shot you don’t take:
Now we play the waiting game…..